Mike Ellis & His Siberian Team

Home Forums Root for Your Musher Mike Ellis & His Siberian Team

This topic contains 18 replies, has 8 voices, and was last updated by  jpamusher 9 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 19 total)
  • Author

SarahsHuman

Can’t say enough good about Mike Ellis and his team. Not only are the dogs gorgeous, Mike is the epitome of a musher. He’s won vet’s choice awards for his exemplary care of his team.

All the way to Nome, Mike!

March 2, 2013 at 5:51 am #17859

snowdog

Siberian Husky Rescue of New Mexico is cheering for Mike Ellis and his team of Siberians. We are so proud of Mike’s past history in the Yukon Quest. Onward to Nome, Mike. We will be with you in spirit on the trail..

March 2, 2013 at 6:26 am #17903

Oley Howlers

While Snowhook (Justin Savidis) is my favorite team, I live with a bunch of Siberians and they are the greatest. I’ve been following Mike Ellis this year, and he is my #2 in this race. Hoping for a great race for Team Tsuga!

March 2, 2013 at 3:16 pm #19124

I have two Siberian Huskies and simply adore them.
    Mike Ellis’ team looks excellent. I wish him the best of luck.

March 2, 2013 at 3:41 pm #19168

As my screen name implies, I always root for the Siberian teams, don’t care what others say about Siberians, I like them and hope that Mike’s team makes a good run this race.

I should really change my username, as I actually have 8 Siberians,

Am I mistaken, or is Mike’s team the only Sibe team this year?

March 2, 2013 at 3:45 pm #19174

SarahsHuman

Actually, Mikhail Telpin has a team of Chukchi dogs (quite possibly the same breed as our Siberians) and Bob Chlupach is also running a team of Sibes. So there are at least two and probably three Siberian teams on the trail this year! Karen Ramstead is a race judge this year so her team isn’t running.

March 2, 2013 at 4:14 pm #19257

Montana

I have two Siberians and they just have to be the most wonderful dogs in the world. Mike Ellis has to be a saint to work with and train that many strong dog personalities. He has to be smart too, because they try to outsmart you too. He is also very kind and takes such good care of them. Unless they have some really nasty weather, he is not going to be a top contender, but in my book he is a total winner.

March 2, 2013 at 4:23 pm #19277

Thanks to all who provided Sibe info, Bob Chulpach’s team was overlooked by me.

March 2, 2013 at 4:59 pm #19326

SarahsHuman

Montana, I will never have another breed of dog. I love the Siberian personality, strong as it is. Maybe that’s what draws me to it?

If you guys want to see a working Sibe kennel in action, check out this TV episode filmed at Hank DeBruin’s kennel. It’s awesome!

http://www.thepetnetwork.tv/fido-wine/

I don’t know how long the video is going to be up but it is right now. Check it out!

March 2, 2013 at 8:57 pm #19588

Montana

SarahsHuman that was a fantastic video. LOL, I think he cooks for them better than I cook for myself. I remember him for the Iditarod last year. I really like that mushers run the Iditarod and the Quest with the Siberians. They may not be the fastest, but they will get you there. LOL, some people had trouble getting their dogs up Eagle summit in the Quest this year. Rob Cooke’s Siberian team climbed it twice because he thought he was off the trail. They were like ….whatever.

March 2, 2013 at 10:36 pm #19635

Montana

Nice article about Mike Ellis and his Honorary lead dog, Stump:

http://www.adn.com/2013/03/02/2809681/meet-the-sled-dogs-stump.html#storylink=botnext

March 3, 2013 at 9:30 am #20095

SarahsHuman

I saw that in the Quest, Montana. How awesome is that? Not once, but TWICE, back to back, summitting! I love these dogs. <3

I thought the Sass/Berkowitz story was great too, a perfect example of sportsmanship in the sport which is sorely lacking in most other competitive sports.

Awesome story, too. Thanks!

March 3, 2013 at 2:25 pm #21011

jpamusher

My dog,Wesley,is 1/3 husky so I always root for the siberian teams! Wishing Mike and his team a good run this year!

March 6, 2013 at 5:57 am #25520

SarahsHuman

As of this moment, Mike is running at 36th. Not bad for a rookie! The Siberian teams must not be all that slow because Mike is beating a number of them.

All the way to Nome, Mike!

Oh, and the permanent link for the DeBruin video posted above is

http://www.thepetnetwork.tv/videos/fido-wine-winterdance-sled-dogs/

March 9, 2013 at 3:52 am #28486

You are doing great ! Keep heading for the Burled Arch!

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 19 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.