It’s the harness that connects the dog power to the sled and there are a variety of harnesses out there. Mikhail Telpin uses a harness called the half harness. It’s really a musher, dog choice as to what harness is used. This style harness is good for preventing harness rub. It’s also sometimes used for large barrel chested dogs. Here are a few pictures of Telpin and the Chukchi Dogs as they left McGrath Thursday Morning. For comparison, look at the X-Back harness and H-Harness. To make his departure a little more interesting the checkpoint volunteers, school children and spectators learned two Russian phrases, “Let’s go” and “Good bye.”
- Healthy, Happy Dogs – Ten Tips from Sanka W. Dog
- Happy Healthy Dogs – Basic Health Care
- Healthy Happy Dogs – Look, Listen & Feel
- Zoom Lens: Boots & Bellies
- Zoom Lens – Dog Drop Hub at McGrath
- You and Your Dog!
- Ten Tips for Dog Care
- CHECKPOINT PROTOCOL and DOG CARE by Stuart Nelson Jr., DVM
- The Best Decisions on Dog Care Come from Education
- Dog Care, K9 Athletes and Veterinarians
An ‘Adventure Learning’ project that provides incredible opportunities for educators.
Teachers discover featured Insider Videos selected by the Iditarod EDU team.
Your one stop shop for following Iditarod. Mushers, checkpoints, GPS Tracker, standings, videos and more.