The big news in Unalakleet this morning is the fog – Ice Fog. When fog freezes in the air and then the fog settles on sleds, grasses, trees and other objects you have hoar frost. While the visibility was good last night with stars shining, the opposite is true today – thick ice fog. The windbreak on the dragon’s back across the slough is barely visible and it’s thick with hoar frost. While the frost is downright amazing, it’s also pretty problematic when trying to stage a sled dog race. There are mushers on the trail into Unalakleet and within a couple of hours, one will appear out of the fog to claim the Wells Fargo Gold Coast Award.
- Zoom Lens: The Lady in Pink
- Zoom Lens: Weather Can Change Quickly
- Zoom Lens: Dallas following Mitch
- Zoom Lens: Encouragement from Huslia Students
- Zoom Lens: Aerial View Huslia
- Zooms Lens: Neff Leaves Huslia Behind
- Zooms Lens: Wanna Be Iditarod Dogs
- Zoom Lens: Math in Huslia
- Zoom Lens: Spectators in Tanana
- Zoom Lens: Back of the Pack Tanana
An ‘Adventure Learning’ project that provides incredible opportunities for educators.
Teachers discover featured Insider Videos selected by the Iditarod EDU team.
Your one stop shop for following Iditarod. Mushers, checkpoints, GPS Tracker, standings, videos and more.