About the Education Department and Contact Information
Mission Statement of the Iditarod Education Department
To help teachers be better teachers and students to achieve higher academic success using Iditarod based curriculum.
Steps we take:
- Create an awareness that Iditarod is an educational tool.
- Inspire teachers to use the race in their classrooms.
- Serve as a resource to provide on our website standards aligned classroom lessons, curriculum connection, activities, and projects for use in preschool, elementary school, and secondary school teachers and homeschool families.
- Focus on STEM and standards aligned content instruction on all content areas.
- Partner with highly qualified instructional educators who are using this unique Iditarod based approach to instruction.
- Develop educational collaboration teams to focus on quality teaching and learning.
- Train educators at conferences and provide information on our website to facilitate an enriched educational classroom environment and enhance technology integration.
- Collect data from educators on success of program involvement.
Results we strive for:
- Teachers who use the Iditarod integrated into their curriculum.
- Students who think scientifically, solve problems, read more, write more, use technology as a tool, and are successful in school.
- Students who are apt to graduate from high school more prepared to further their education and enter the fields of science, math, engineering, and technology; students who are true world problem solvers and resourceful citizens, life long learners AND develop an interest in the race.
How to get started:
For more information about Iditarod EDU contact Jane Holmes, Director of Education, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Teachers are invited to freely use the lessons and curriculum on our website and to create Iditarod based lessons of their own for their own students. Individuals do not have permission to sell Iditarod themed products they have created or that we have created, nor do they have permission to use these materials in any published document, sold, or given freely in written format or used on their personal websites. Unauthorized use of Iditarod curriculum or lessons is strongly prohibited.
©Iditarod Trail Committee. Iditarod, The Last Great Race on Earth, 1,049 miles, Alaska Where Men Are Men and Women Win the Iditarod, Iditarod Trail Committee, Iditarod Teacher on the Trail, Jr. Iditarod, “I” & design, Iditarod Trail Alaska and design, and Red Lantern Award are registered trademarks of the Iditarod Trail Committee and are used under license. All rights reserved.