The Iditarod Certified Educator program equips teachers to best represent the Iditarod Trail Sled Dog Race by providing educators accurate and factual history of the Iditarod Trail Sled Dog Race, an authentic background in dog sledding in indigenous Alaskan communities, and instruction in writing quality Iditarod themed standards-based lessons.The program is a four-month-long professional development program offered to preschool – high school teachers across the world. The program is divided into four checkpoints that combine synchronous and asynchronous coursework for teachers.
The first cohort launched at the Winter 2022 Conference for teachers in Anchorage, Alaska and 11 educators completed the training becoming “Iditarod Certified Educators“.
The Introductory Checkpoint will be offered again during the 2024 conference as an add-on for those interested in participating.
Fill Your Sled With These I.C.E. perks:
- course materials
- book for the online book club
- I.C.E. t-shirt
- Logo to use for email and social media
- discounts on future conferences
- early registration for Iditarod EDU programs such as the Traveling Quilt, Postcard Challenge, and Trail Mail
- Possible newsletter and website publication opportunities
Tuition Fee: $50 per teacher payable with conference registration.