The data generated by the Last Great Race lends itself to graphing lesson upon graphing lesson upon graphing lesson! In this lesson, students will first create a bar graph to compare the population of checkpoints along the Fairbanks route. They will then also investigate the changes in population of Nenana and Nome as they continue to master the bar generating skills!
- Literacy Lessons for the book – Iditarod The First Ten Years AN ANTHOLOGY compiled by THE OLD IDITAROD GANG
- “Mathing” Down the Trail – A 165 Page Booklet of Lessons Geared to Common Core Standards, by Jen Reiter, Iditarod Math Teacher
- Iditarod Vet Checks: A Multiplication Challenge
- Updated Lessons for the 2018 Race!
- A New Twist on Musher Trading Cards!
- Counting and Cardinality, Measurement and Data, Number and Operations, Operations and Algebraic Thinking: Grades K – 3
- Operations and Algebraic Thinking PLUS Number and Operations – Fractions, Grades 4 – 6
- Statistical Race Data
- Idita – PIE: PI: March 3:14
An ‘Adventure Learning’ project that provides incredible opportunities for educators.
Teachers discover featured Insider Videos selected by the Iditarod EDU team.
Your one stop shop for following Iditarod. Mushers, checkpoints, GPS Tracker, standings, videos and more.