Figuring I’d like a special shot of the final musher to leave McGrath, I walked a mile or so up from the checkpoint to where the boat landing is. On the walk to my desired photo opportunity, I noticed a moose with a calf lying in the brush by the side of the road. The calf was well hidden behind the cow. The cow was ruminating in the truest sense of the word – chewing her cud and with her eyes closed she appeared to be thinking deeply.
- Zoom Lens: Energetic Dog at Finish Line
- Zoom Lens: Dogs Get Diplomas
- Zoom Lens: Monica Zappa at the 2016 Finish Line
- Zoom Lens: Aliy Zirkle
- Zoom Lens – Tytte and Miriam Osredkar Reunite
- Zoom Lens: Hand Warmers for Dogs?
- Zoom Lens – Sunset
- Zoom Lens: Flying to UNK
- Zoom Lens: McGrath: A Hill and a Sled
- Zoom Lens – Siberians
An ‘Adventure Learning’ project that provides incredible opportunities for educators.
Teachers discover featured Insider Videos selected by the Iditarod EDU team.
Your one stop shop for following Iditarod. Mushers, checkpoints, GPS Tracker, standings, videos and more.