Back of the pack mushers found the short trail from the checkpoint down to the Kuskokwim River to be very much like the worn down Happy River Steps. As each musher runs down the bank, a little more snow is gouged out by braking. Finally, there’s a big trench that mushers have to negotiate. Some do it with grace that really translates into skillful sled driving, making it look easier than it really is. Others bounce from side to side and either come out standing or laying on their side when they come to the river. Mary bounced from side to side and had to right herself on the river. One wheel dog noticed Mary’s predicament while the rest of her team trotted happily forward.
- Zoom Lens: Energetic Dog at Finish Line
- Zoom Lens: Dogs Get Diplomas
- Zoom Lens: Monica Zappa at the 2016 Finish Line
- Zoom Lens: Aliy Zirkle
- Zoom Lens – Tytte and Miriam Osredkar Reunite
- Zoom Lens: Hand Warmers for Dogs?
- Zoom Lens – Sunset
- Zoom Lens: Flying to UNK
- Zoom Lens: Moose in McGrath
- Zoom Lens – Siberians