For the Ultimate Experience at the start of the Iditarod, visit our auction site and click Instant Purchase!
From your position as an IditaRider you will see the start of the race from a seat in the sled of a musher you’ve chosen to ride with at the start of the race. You’ll already have attended several events prior to the start of the race but your adventure only gets better when you fly out to Rainy Pass for a two night stay. This allows you and your guest the opportunity to sign in mushers as they arrive and experience the race up close and personal behind the scenes!
The price of the Ultimate Experience is $25,000
Your experience includes….
- Select the musher you will ride with at the Ceremonial Start of the Iditarod as an IditaRider!
- On Thursday before the start of the race, be at the Lakefront Millennium Hotel for the start of the mandatory musher meeting. Hear the opening remarks and see the mushers ready to hear the final updates about the trail along with other details that they need to know before the start of the race. At noon, you’ll enjoy a casual meeting over pizza lunch while the mushers are on break from their Musher Meeting. You will have your picture taken with the current field of mushers after they toast the Iditarod at the conclusion of their mandatory meeting at the Hotel. You will be right there, hearing the chatter from the mushers as they spend their final moments before the race. What will they be talking about? You will know all about this behind the scenes event that most fans don’t experience. Your guest is invited to attend this event as well as the other events throughout the week.
- That evening, you and a guest will attend the Musher Drawing Banquet as our honored guests and be seated at one of the head tables.
- Friday: You will receive complementary tickets for two to the Iditarod Speaker event on Friday at the Lake Front.
- Saturday morning, you’ll cut the ribbon at the Race Start Ceremony. You will also have the opportunity to spend time in the secured staging area to take photographs and watch mushers prepare their teams for line up and departure. Before you know it, you’ll hear your name announced with your musher of choice as you pull up to the famous Iditarod Race Start Line! Then, 5! 4! 3! 2! 1! You’ll be off and on the trail. You’ll feel the ‘husky power’ as the team takes off. You’ll wave to the fans who’ll be cheering the mushers and dogs as they follow the trail for the Ceremonial Start of the race! Bring your camera! It’s going to be an awesome ride!
- Sunday you and your guest will be flown by small plane to the highest checkpoint on the Iditarod Trail for a two night stay in Rainy Pass Lodge. While there, you will be the “Official Checker” to sign in the first 5 mushers who come into the checkpoint. Who will those 5 mushers be? YOU will see for yourself and not have to rely on the Insider or GPS Tracker for that information like the rest of the world. You will be in the middle of the race excitement, the dogs howling, the volunteers working, the vets examining the dogs, and the photographs snapping! You will have the opportunity to see, hear, and feel the excitement of every moment during your stay! During your stay, you’ll have the opportunity to not just see mushers who arrive and leave the checkpoint, but you’ll catch all the behind the scenes action and meet race volunteers, veterinarians, and even some dogs!
- On Tuesday, you will be flown back to Anchorage to start sharing your memories of this great event and the Ultimate opportunity that you and your guest experienced.
- ONLY 1 winning bidder and that bidder’s guest will have this unique experience. The price of this grand and ultimate experience is $25,000. This auction is listed at our auction site and can be purchased now!
- Questions? Contact firstname.lastname@example.org or call 605.290.3423.
Don’t take just our word on this unique experience! Hear more from a past Ultimate Experience VIP!
For the time of your life and the opportunity to be our special VIP guests at the start of the Iditarod, purchase the Ultimate Experience for $25,000. This item is available now at the Iditarod Auction Center.
*This purchase can be used as a tax deduction.