Donate to the Iditarod
Fifty years of grit and determination by people like you has made “The Last Great Race on Earth” possible. You can preserve the Iditarod Heritage for future generations and ensure the race continues to benefit the health and happiness of dogs around the world, delivers creative educational programs from Kindergarten through college, and honor the history and culture of Alaska through investments in:
We are the Iditarod, a campaign that preserves yesterday, and protects tomorrow, today. There are many ways to support the race:
- Make a gift today! Your support has an immediate impact on The Iditarod and provides the added benefit of an income tax deduction. Gifts may be earmarked for a specific project or purpose, or can be unrestricted, which gives the Iditarod the greatest flexibility to respond to its specific needs. To make an unrestricted gift; simply click the donation button at the top of this page. You can provide additional support by partnering with our on-line giving community.
- Planned Gifts: Planned gifts ensure a remarkable future to the Race. You can make a gift this way by designating your support of the Iditarod through your will, a revocable living trust, charitable gift annuities, charitable remainder trusts, or other similar arrangements. Click here for additional information and sample bequest language.
- AmazonSmile: by selecting “the Iditarod” on the Charity List when turning on your “Amazon Smile” account, AmazonSmile donates 0.5% with every eligible purchase.
- Fred Meyer Community Rewards: by signing up for this loyalty card, you can designate the Iditarod every time you use your card.
- Pick.Click.Give. allows Alaskans to donate a portion of their Permanent Fund Dividend to causes they care about statewide.
To send cash gifts by mail, please make checks payable to Iditarod or Iditarod Trail Committee and mail to:
Iditarod Trail Committee
2100 S. Knik-Goose Bay Rd.
Wasilla, Alaska 99654
For more information on how to give in other ways such as bequests, real estate, capital gifts, in-kind donations, or sponsorships, email Krystin Bogan at email@example.com.
The Iditarod Trail Committee is a 501 (c)(3) non-profit organization. Proceeds raised help support the Iditarod Trail Sled Dog Race.