Media queries can be directed to email@example.com.
OFFICIAL RACE MAP 2021 GOLD TRAIL LOOP
2021 Iditarod trail route may change, based on circumstances.
Adobe Acrobat – Recommended for download or those having device compatibility issues with other formats.
- 2021 media credential update – Jan. 26, 2021
- Viewing locations – Anchorage
- Iditarod COVID-19 mitigation information
- Calendar of events
- Race map details
- 2021 musher list
- Iditarod results and history
- Dog care
- Iditarod Sponsors
2020 Champion Summary
Thomas Waerner of Norway won the 2020 Iditarod Sled Dog Race with a time of 9 days, 10 hours, 37 min, and 47 seconds. Waerner also received several Iditarod awards in 2020 including the Northrim Bank Achieve More Award, Ryan Air Gold Coast Award and the Lolly Medley Memorial Golden Harness Award. Read more about Waerner here. Due to COVID-19 travel restrictions, Thomas Waerner will be unable to participate in the 2021 Iditarod, but looks forward to coming back in 2022 for our 50th anniversary race.
2021 Race Press Releases
Listed from newest to oldest.
- Iditarod XLIX restart and finish to take place at Deshka Landing – Jan. 5, 2021
- Iditarod announces the Iditarod Gold Trail Loop for its 49th running – Dec. 18, 2020
- 2020 Iditarod Summer Raffle winners announced – Sept. 30, 2020
- The Iditarod committed to running 2021 race – Sept. 18, 2020
- Iditarod XLIX opening day entries – June 28, 2020
- Four-time Iditarod champion Martin Buser wins Donlin Gold Sportsmanship and Iditarod Most Inspirational Musher awards – June 8, 2020
- 2021 Iditarod Musher Registration Open – June 4, 2020