Are you ready for your chance to win HUGE cash prizes?!
For the first time in Iditarod history, we are giving away $200,000 in cash prizes for the Winter Raffle!!
The Iditarod Trail Raffle is a great way to support the Iditarod Trail Sled Dog Race and gives you a chance to win big! Your raffle purchase is a donation that helps us meet the financial obligations of the Iditarod Race. These expenses include (but are surely not limited to) food for our 1,500 volunteers stationed throughout the entire race, fuel for transportation of supplies, humans and canines, straw to keep our dogs warm, top-tier veterinary care along the trail with multiple veterinarians at each checkpoint, educational programs and curriculums in thousands of schools across the world and the hundreds of costs that are obtained leading up to, during and after the race.
Without this fundraiser and the sale of these tickets, we would not be able to put this race on each year. We need your help and are grateful to each ticket holder.
Only 5,500 tickets will be sold and we will typically sell out early, so don’t wait – get yours today!
Purchasing from outside of Alaska? Please call:
1-800-545-6874 or 1-907-841-4578
RULES FOR THE 2022-23 IDITAROD WINTER RAFFLE
- Tickets. A total of 5,500 tickets will be available for sale at designated locations on a first-come, first-served basis.
- Eligibility. Employees of Iditarod Trail Committee and their direct relatives, members of the Iditarod Board of Directors and their direct relatives, members of the Iditarod Staff and their direct relatives, are not eligible to purchase raffle tickets or receive prizes. Direct relatives are defined as spouse, parent, mother-in-law, father-in-law, brother-in-law, sister-in-law, brother, sister, child, or stepchild. Minors under the age of 18 are not eligible to purchase raffle tickets or receive prizes.
- Prizes. A total of fifty five (55) prizes will be awarded. The identity and cash amount of each prize is stated on the ticket stub.
- Raffle Procedures. The drawing to determine winners will be done at the Great Alaska Sportsman Show at 4:00pm on April 16, 2023. Ticket purchasers need not be present to win. Fifty five (55) ticket stubs will be drawn at random from a receptacle containing all entries. Prizes will be awarded in reverse order, with the prize numbered fifty-five awarded to the first ticket drawn from the receptacle, the prize numbered fifty-four awarded to the second ticket drawn, and so forth, until the prize numbered one is awarded to the fifty-fith ticket drawn, which will be the grand prize winner..
- Notification. The Iditarod Trail Committee shall make every reasonable effort to notify winners that they have won a raffle prize. If attempts to notify a prize winner within forty-five (45) days of the drawing have not been successful, a new winner will be selected by random drawing from the original non-winning tickets.
- Claiming Prizes. Winner will be required to fill out a prize claim form before receiving their prize. If a winner has failed to pick up or otherwise arrange for the delivery or use of prize within ninety (90) days from notification, the prize shall be awarded to a new winner by random drawing from the original non-winning tickets.
- Delivery. Cash awards will be mailed individually to winners.
- Taxes. The Iditarod Trail Committee must report to the IRS the name and taxpayer identification number of each winner of a prize along with the value of the prize awarded. Winners are required to fill out a W-9 and are solely responsible for any taxes assessed because of receiving a prize. Refusal to provide a completed W-9 will result in the forfeiture of any of the thirty (30) prizes.
- Ticket Stubs. For all purchasers your will receive an email with your receipt and your ticket stub.
- Purchasing Ticket. Alaska residents can purchase tickets online or over the phone. For all Out of State purchasers, they must purchase their tickets over the phone.
2023 SUMMER IDITAROD RAFFLE FAQs:
Q: Can I purchase a ticket if I’m from out of state?
A: Yes! We cannot sell tickets online to purchasers residing outside of Alaska. Please call 1-800-545-6874 or 1-907-841-4578 to purchase.
Q: How would I receive the prize if I’m from out of state?
A: Yes! It will be mailed to you once paperwork is completed.
Q: How old do I have to be to purchase a ticket?
A: Minors under the age of 18 are not eligible to purchase raffle tickets or receive prizes.
Q: Can I write off my $100 as a donation?
A: The Iditarod is a tax-exempt non-profit organization. However, check with your tax advisor for clarification on how the $100 expenditure is represented. Normally however, most laws regarding Games of Skill and chance do not allow a write off if you are taking a chance on winning a prize.
Q: How do we get a copy of our ticket stub?
A: For all purchasers a receipt and ticket stub will be emailed to you.
Q: What order are prizes awarded?
A: The 1st, 11th, 22nd, 33rd and 44th tickets drawn each win $10,000. The last ticket drawn wins $101,000. The 49 other tickets drawn will win $1,000