The dogs are the true athletes of the Iditarod and the mushers make sure their best friends know this. Justin Savidis has a tradition of lifting one of his dogs up to touch his paw to the Burled Arch. This year Louisa May had the prestigious honor of being lifted to tap the arch. Looking at these pictures one can truly appreciate how close the bond is between Justin and his dogs.
- Iditarod Summer Conference 2023 is in the Books!
- 2015 Teacher on the Trail Erin Montgomery’s Most Memorable Moments
- CMS Idita-Picks: UPDATED for 2021
- Glogster – The Iditarod, Machu Picchu, and Denali
- “Don’t Love Something That Can’t Love You Back” – Martin Buser
- Next Dream: Run the Iditarod
- Dreams Can Come True
- Pictures Tell a Story – Family
- It’s All About the Dogs