This lesson is a fun way to have your kids review multiplying by two digit numbers, while introducing them to the role of vets and vet checks in the Iditarod Sled Dog Race. The kids will take on the role of a volunteer vet and complete a series of challenging word problems as they make their way down the trail. Along the way they’ll learn a little about sled dog anatomy.
- Counting and Cardinality, Measurement and Data, Number and Operations, Operations and Algebraic Thinking: Grades K – 3
- Multiplication Challenge
- 30 Problems to Solve
- A New Twist on Musher Trading Cards!
- Literacy Lessons for the book – Iditarod The First Ten Years AN ANTHOLOGY compiled by THE OLD IDITAROD GANG
- “Mathing” Down the Trail – A 165 Page Booklet of Lessons Geared to Common Core Standards, by Jen Reiter, Iditarod Math Teacher
- Operations and Algebraic Thinking PLUS Number and Operations – Fractions, Grades 4 – 6
- Idita – PIE: PI: March 3:14
- Welcome to Debski’s Diner: Lesson Ideas from the I.C.E. Cohort
- Rookie Meeting Math