This lesson is a fun way to have your kids review multiplying by two digit numbers, while introducing them to the role of vets and vet checks in the Iditarod Sled Dog Race. The kids will take on the role of a volunteer vet and complete a series of challenging word problems as they make their way down the trail. Along the way they’ll learn a little about sled dog anatomy.
- Multiplication Challenge
- Counting and Cardinality, Measurement and Data, Number and Operations, Operations and Algebraic Thinking: Grades K – 3
- 30 Problems to Solve
- A New Twist on Musher Trading Cards!
- “Mathing” Down the Trail – A 165 Page Booklet of Lessons Geared to Common Core Standards, by Jen Reiter, Iditarod Math Teacher
- Operations and Algebraic Thinking PLUS Number and Operations – Fractions, Grades 4 – 6
- Idita – PIE: PI: March 3:14
- Updated Lessons for the 2018 Race!
- Population Graphing – Fairbanks Route
An ‘Adventure Learning’ project that provides incredible opportunities for educators.
Teachers discover featured Insider Videos selected by the Iditarod EDU team.
Your one stop shop for following Iditarod. Mushers, checkpoints, GPS Tracker, standings, videos and more.