The community of Huslia, located on the Koyukuk River, has a long mushing history. Mushing families like Vent, Huntington and Attla hail from Huslia. George Attla is the winningest sprint musher of all time. Attla and Bobbie Vent participated in the very first Iditarod. Vent claimed 2nd place and Allta claimed 4th place. The School in Huslia is named for sprint musher Jimmy Huntington. George Attla became known during his mushing career as the Huslia Hustler. The Jimmy Huntington School athletes are known as the Hustlers. “Spirit of the Wind” is a documentary of George Attla’s life filmed in Huslia.
- Zoom Lens: The Lady in Pink
- Zoom Lens: Weather Can Change Quickly
- Zoom Lens: Dallas following Mitch
- Zoom Lens: Waiting In Unalakleet
- Zoom Lens: Encouragement from Huslia Students
- Zooms Lens: Neff Leaves Huslia Behind
- Zooms Lens: Wanna Be Iditarod Dogs
- Zoom Lens: Math in Huslia
- Zoom Lens: Spectators in Tanana
- Zoom Lens: Back of the Pack Tanana
An ‘Adventure Learning’ project that provides incredible opportunities for educators.
Teachers discover featured Insider Videos selected by the Iditarod EDU team.
Your one stop shop for following Iditarod. Mushers, checkpoints, GPS Tracker, standings, videos and more.